I seem to be finally on the mend. I still cough and have an upset stomach. I think that's mainly because I have a weak stomach when it comes to mucus, whether it's chest or nose. And it may also have something to do with the cough syrup. It's the nastiest stuff I've ever had the displeasure to take. Worse than 'horse pills'. I can handle blood, needles, dirty diapers, and puke, but keep the mucus away! My house is still a disaster area. I did do the dishes, and I picked up the trash and dirty clothes in the living room, but it has a long way to go before it reaches clean. I want to clean it up, but I know that if I wore myself out doing so before I'm fully recovered, I'd relapse. I'm settling for doing a little at a time, and limiting myself to about five minutes an hour.
Alan seems to be on the mend as well.
A.J. went to school yesterday after being fever-free on Wednesday, but came home with a fever. I kept him home and hopefully, if he rests today and this weekend, he'll be good to go on Monday.
Arielle is sick now. Unfortunately she denies it. She keeps telling me "My no sick." If she isn't sick, tell me why she's been in the same spot since 9 AM, won't eat more than one piece of bacon, and refuses to move?
I'm a mean mommy to sick kids. I don't medicate them during the day. With mine, if they take it, they start to fell better and think they ARE better. Then they insist that they din't need to rest and commence to running around. In the end, they get sicker than they were.
Arielle has to have a fever of at least 102.5 and A.J. has to at least have one of 101. My reasoning is that babies and toddlers often run fevers for no reason. It's a way of strengthening their immune system and regulating their body temperature. And A.J. is simply prone to having a body temp above the average.
If they have the required temps for meds, I'll give them a half dose. I don't want to fully knock the fever out with medication, since a fever is the body's way of dealing with germs. This is possibly the reason I have a lowered immune system and have all my life. My mom would medicate me for every little thing. Therefore, medicine became less effective for me, and she had to use more. My immune system never got the chance to respond fully before something was shoved down my throat.
Oh, to clarify, if the kids have been prescribed something by a doctor, they WILL get it as prescribed. I don't apply prescriptions to my rules.
Maybe some might think that sounds neglectful, but the meds won't lose their effectiveness, which IS a growing problem.
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment