Woke up with my left wrist hurting. Thank goodness I: 1) have a brace. 2) got most of my housework done yesterday and last night. All I had to do this morning was pick up the living room and turn on the dishwasher.
One of my daffodils was wilting this morning, so I planted it deeper and then watered the bed. Hard to believe that at one time, my little flower bed was overflowing with marigolds. Mema planted them for me. Well, she planted about 5 or 6 of them. I only have three left, because they got choked out with weeds, and I wasn't able to do anything other than just sit on the sidewalk and cry. (I weeded the bed finally.) One of the three I think is a goner. But I hope I saved the biggest one. The little one is such a cute bouncy little plant. I'm not sure they'll be able to reseed themselves unless they can manage to hurry up and flower. Otherwise, I may have to get a pot and bring them in when it starts getting cold. I hope I won't have to do that, for the simple reason that I've never managed to keep an indoor plant alive. I've even been known to kill cacti. Alan says that since the marigolds mean so much to me, we can easily get some more. But it's THOSE marigolds.
Anyone remember the wedding ring thing? The one where Grandaddy gave Mema's expensive one to Liza and had talked about giving the other set to Uncle Dwayne? Well, Momma has decided to bite the bullet and ask him flat-out about it. And about her jewelry that mysteriously disappeared...the jewelry he said she could have.
I think I'm going to email Grandaddy. I've really been missing Mema lately, and I'd like to have him at least write me some comforting words. There was a time I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm honestly not sure how he'll take it now. I guess if he tells me that he doesn't want to hear it or something, I'll have my answer.
Oh, another thing. I'm not sure if I blogged about this or not, but I got an IM from someone I didn't recognize. So I asked who this person was. Turns out it was someone in the Philipines. She said she got my ID from my Uncle Dwayne. She spelled his name wrong, but honestly, what are the odds that she just randomly IMed me and knew his name if it wasn't true? I sent him an offline message telling him I would appreciate him not giving out my info. Even so, I decided to be nice...until this woman asked me if I had any single male friends. Uh, no. Actually, I have ONE, but I like him, not hate him, so I'm not setting a seemingly gold-digging person on his trail. So, yes, I lied. But it was for a good cause.
I guess that's it for now! Thanks for listening!
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oops...I meant marigolds. Note to self: no flowers when blogging!
ReplyDelete