Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Geez!

Things have been busy, busy, busy.

Last week, I ended up getting all sickly with a cold. Yuck! I went to bed quite early and quickly got over it. Yay!

Saturday, Alan went to a football party. Bama vs. Gators. He was the ONLY Bama fan there. I think he had fun, especially since Bama won. SEC Champs! Roll tide! Or at least, that's what Alan kept yelling whenever I talked to him. He started feeling tired, so he came home early. Good thing he did. By the time he got home, he was running a fever.

Sunday, we went down to Kissimmee to see my mom and stepdad, who was working down there with his company. We did lunch, took my mom to I-Drive, and went to Wonderworks. It was pretty cool. We'd never been there either. Then we went back to my mom's suite to wait for Dale to get off work. They finished the job, so he was a couple of hours late. My mom also brought down my Christmas present. She gave me a coffee table and two end tables. Pretty and all. I'm a bit afraid of them because they have glass tops. I'm also going to have to figure out how to rearrange my living room to put them in. Any volunteers to help? I've never been good at that stuff.

Monday was insane! AJ had gotten sick the night before, so he didn't go to school. Arielle was tired and moving slowly since we hadn't gotten home until almost midnight. Luckily, the kids caught an hour-long nap in the car. Anyway, I get Arielle on the bus and everything, and remember that Alan needs the cell to call in to work since he was staying hom to take care of AJ. Oh, and it was his birthday. Fun, huh? I go home so he can do that, and he's moving slowly. I was getting really frustrated because I had a lot to do and was on time constraints. FINALLY, I'm able to leave, so I rush to the store, grab things for dinner for a few days and things to make lunches for Arielle and me. (I had tahini hummus and pita chips. YUMMY!) I rushed back home to put things away and make the two lunches. Then I rushed to school. I was chaperoning a field trip to the Christmas Tree Farm. Fun, fun, fun. Arielle's friend Sierra was disappointed that Alan didn't come. She adopted him at the Family Picnic. But she warmed up to me soon enough, as did Arielle's friend Kaitlyn. We got there after a mile-long walk. We did the hay ride and found the class a tree. Then Mrs. Burgard, Arielle's teacher, put me in charge of handing out quarters for the little food machine thing at the petting zoo part. Then we had lunch. After lunch, it was time for smores. I was put in charge of the table. Thank goodness! (The other parents and Mrs. Burgard were stationed around the fire where the kids were roasting their marshmallows.) Apparently, not many people realize that you can easily get the marshmallow off the stick by scraping it off with the graham crackers. One dad was trying to figure out how to get his marshmallow off the stick neatly and without burning his finger. I couldn't help it. I laughed and took his chocolate graham cracker part, a top cracker, and scraped it off, put it together, and handed it to him. He asked how I knew how to do it that way. I told him I was a country girl from Bama, using my strongest accent. He just laughed at me. Soon after the smores were done, it was time for the mile-long walk back to school, but before we left, I snuck into the gift shop and bought a little ornament for Arielle to put on the class tree. Since we won't be here for Christmas, we won't put up a tree or anything. So that way, she got to help and felt like the tree really was part hers.
After leaving the school, I rushed back home and grabbed a citation and got some directions. Then, I went and got a new tag sticker, went to the Judicial Center to pay my citation, and went to the post office to arrange to have a new lock put on our mailbox. (You have to do that in person, and show ID.) By then, it was almost 5. I ended up going home rather than going grocery shopping. I had to fix Alan's bday dinner and cheesecake.
After the kids were in bed, I swear, I was ready to drop into my own bed. I came very close to it, but did take a bath first. LOL

Yesterday, AJ was still home sick. And I was feeling yucky. I spent most of the day in bed and went to bed by 9.

Guess what! I got up and hit the ground running this morning. AJ wasn't feeling good, so he's home still. But I got Arielle ready, and she was actually ready a few minutes before the neighbor kids came to grab her for the walk to the bus stop. Wow!

I've already got the trash out, started on the kitchen, folded two loads of laundry...and all I want to do is crawl back into bed. Hope I feel better soonly. Or at least that I can ignore it and get some stuff done around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment