Thursday, August 17, 2006

Trying to get back into the habit...

I'm trying to get my house organized. Ugh! Anyone have any ideas that will help? Something maybe involving me watching the house do it by itself? It's awful how many things I've let go. I opened a cabinet I rarely open. All I keep in it are old magazines and tablecloths for art projects. Looks like Arielle has been saving some of her food for a bit. Of course, we now have another infestation of bugs. *shudder* We live in the country...we have bug problems periodically, but not this bad!

The pantry pests seem to be gone. Woo-hoo! But I'm still putting things in the fridge after opening...even boxes of cereal. LOL

A.J. is doing well in school so far. He's not so happy with me though. I call his spelling words out to him and if he misses one, I make him write it three times. That happens until he gets it right.

Both kids seem to have fun with the neighbor boy. He's older, so I'm a bit surprised that he seems to like being here so much. For now, I'm getting him 3-5 days a week after school. Once football season starts for his team (He was nice enough to tell me A.J. would be more than welcome to carpool, but we just can't afford it right now, although I am going to talk to Alan about it.) I'll only have him on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Arielle is doing well in home preschool when it comes to shapes. Maybe I should just concentrate on one thing at a time, cause letters, numbers, and colors are still a problem for her.

Well, that's it fo rnow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment