Monday, August 15, 2005

Grrr

I don't know who all knows this, but I received $5000 on my 25th birthday. It's a thing Mema set up YEARS ago. Each of my cousins will get theirs when they turn 25 too. So far, Christy, 21, is the only grandchild eligible because she's in school.

I let my grandfather invest $3000 in a high interest savings account for me, while I asked for $2000. Well, I had earmarked that money for specific things. First, getting the van fixed, then a dentist. (I have cosmetic damage from pregnancy and breast-feeding.) And then Trixie Camp. Well, I checked the accounts this morning. Almost $800 of it is GONE. $300 of it was taken out twice, only five days apart, and transferred to checking and then was transferred to "Shares". I have absolutely no idea what those shares are. I am VERY upset. I know we used almost $40 of it for A.J.'s school supplies. I okayed that. But the rest of it? I had no idea about, or where it went.

Why is it Alan needs to know how much I spend, and where each dollar was spent yet, money from my trust/inheritance can disappear with no warning?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:01 PM

    If my husband spent my inheritance money, he'd be looking at no sex from me for the rest of his natural life, not mention that entire time sleeping on the couch, unless he grovelled and begged for my forgiveness and paid me back the money. That's just not right, especially if he's all up in arms about how much you spend and what you spend it on.

    My hubby used to get pissed about me getting my hair colored when he was in school and money was tight. I explained that since I never heard any thanks from him for putting in all that overtime I had to put in (not to mention the people at work), and for everything else that *I* did, and nobody ever did nice things for me (and I shouldn't have to ask him to do nice things for me), I was entitled to do something nice for myself because nobody else would. That shut him up right then and there. I think it also shut him up because right then I started crying. (Because it did tick me off. I shouldn't have to come right out and ask for my own husband do something nice for me or to even show appreciation because I busted *my* ass so he could stay in school. That's just tacky.)

    Sorry for hijacking your comments, Amber. But I still think what he did was wrong. I could help MS beat his head in, too, if you want me, too.

    KathyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. After getting it all out, I'm okay. And will continue to be okay about it...unless it's not put back.

    But if you two want to beat his head in, go for it! Just don't hurt him so badly that I have to pay medical bills...LOL

    ReplyDelete