You know how you can complain about something and then get hit with news so big that you have no idea why you were complaining about something that now seems trivial in comparison? I got a call from my friend Wyndie in Cali. She and her family need prayers. She died for six minutes two weeks ago Tuesday. She had no symptoms, just suddenly went into cardiac arrest.
Her hubby said he was going to go to bed and she told him that if he'd wait fifteen minutes, she'd go with him. She went to let the dogs out, came back, hugged him and said she loved him. Then she just collapsed. I thank God he waited for her. Her two kids (six and three) know Mommy was sick, but don't know the whole story. Her husband barely lets her out of his sight now. I have to say that if they were still in FL, I'd be there in Jax. We hung out together so much that we didn't make the distinction between her kid and mine, they were just ours. Brittney is a day younger than A.J.
She has some genetic thing that gets rid of the body's potassium. Potassium is nature's heart regulator. No potassium, not regulation. No regulation, no heartbeat. This has no symptoms. It was very sudden.
Something that makes it almost worse is that during the three days she was at the first hospital, she had two doctors. One doctor said she would have surgery. The other doctor said she wouldn't have it until the next day, so Jeremy and her mom went to get something to eat. When they got back, Jeremy was buzzed into the ICU. He went to Wyndie's room and no one was there except for the cleaning crew. The cleaning lady finally realized why he was bitching out the nurses and let him know that Wyndie was in surgery. She now has a defibrilator in her chest. I HOPE that will keep her from anymore cardiac arrest problems.
And since this is my blog, I can make it all about me with no guilt. I truly don't think I could handle it if I lost such a good friend less than three months after I lost Mema. I'll say it again. THANK GOD JEREMY WAITED FOR HER.
Thursday, September 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to read about your friend. I wonder if she had an inkling when she asked him to wait, hugged him etc.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine the 'what if's' they must be going through.
Take care
I'm keeping them in my prayers. So glad her husband decided to wait for her, and can imagine how more scared he was when he went to her room, and she wasn't there.
ReplyDeleteLourese
I'llwrite it as I find out. Just remember, since Wyndie moved, we don't talk as much as we did, so no news is good news.
ReplyDelete