But not much. The viewings are Monday evening from 5 to 9 PM and tuesday from 10 AM to 1 PM. The funeral will be at 2 PM Tuesday afternoon at Quattlebaum's Funeral home. I remember that it had a very nice chapel from when my Granny Jones died. She will be buried immediately following the funeral at Memorial Gardens in Rock Mills. It is also a beautiful area. My Grandaddy, Aunt Trina, Mom, and Uncle Dwayne have picked out everything from the casket to the plots. And I guess my small family will go shopping a little later for something suitable to wear on Tuesday. We should be going home on Wednesday.
I wish I could sleep until it's all over and I was back home.
Sunday, June 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for keeping us posted.
ReplyDeletePlease, take care of yourself!
Love you
Teresa
Amber,
ReplyDeleteThese last couple of days were the hardest part for me when my mother died. Then just having the memories pop up with the tears. Every time they did, I just thanked God for the wonderful times I did have, and tried to keep in mind that now the pain was gone, for her at least. I'm glad you were able to be there with Mema during the last days. I know some say that brings closure; I don't think so, but it does make it real, and not a dream. She will be around you in spirit, I do believe that. If you need to talk, I'm here. I love you.
Lourese
I was so sorry to read of your loss.
ReplyDeleteTake care Amber
Amber,
ReplyDeleteJust want you know that I'm thinking of you.
Hugs.
Jill