Friday, July 15, 2005

It's Friday...

And we all know what that means. Alan has gone out. Stupid me thought that he wouldn't tonight. Why? Because we're taking the kids and meeting Alan's cousin and his wife (who are also the kids' godparents) tomorrow. They will take the kids for a week. So why is Alan out tonight when it's the last night that he could be with the kids for a week? I've barely been on the computer in favor of spending as much time as I could with the kids before they go. But, one of Alan's friends who has NEVER gone out with them decided to go tonight of all reasons.

Sometimes I wonder what means more to Alan: his family or his friends. I don't expect him NOT to have friends, but hos going out EVERY freaking weekend is seriously getting on my nerves. The kicker is that he wants ME to go with him next Friday. Um, WHY would I want to go out with him and his drunk idiotic friends? From the stories that Alan delights in telling me, the single ones just wanna get laid, and the committed ones are just stupid and/or insane. What is so fun about getting drunk and throwing darts? Yes, I have played (and enjoyed playing) darts. It's a fun game. But with a bunch of over-competitive guys that throw temper tantrums when they lose? Believe me, I'm not great, but as long as the last number I have to hit is 16, then you can bet I'll win. 301 or 501 are my games. The last time I went out with Alan to play darts, I won the last game and was ready to go home. He practically pitched a fit because I didn't want a rematch. Well, it was after 1 AM and I was tired. And the full truth? I wasn't feeling very well either. I may drink a bit when the kids are in bed and I'm by myself (which some people could attest to), but I never drink Seagram's 7. After a few 7&7's, I was sick. So sue me. The point of that paragraph is: Why do I want to take Alan's behavior and multiply it by however many guys show up? I don't. But I have a feeling I'll be guilted into it. Well, if Tony plans to go, a herd of wild horses couldn't keep me away. (What does that mean anyway?) If you've kept up on my blog, you know I've been after him for a while (or wanting to be). And I can't think of a better way to relieve the stress I've been under.

Word of Warning: I can be mean and evil if crossed. I can totally screw up lives. And I WON'T feel bad about doing it. But as long as someone doesn't cross me, I can be the best and sweetest friend they've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Amber

    I'm so sorry you were disappointed. I'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your husband know you are concerned he prefers his friends to his family?

    I'd stay away from Tony if I were you. A lot of strange things seem to happen in Florida, but I bet it's still illegal to sterilize someone if you're not a doctor and they didn't request it, even if you think it might improve the world's gene pool. I think that's what you mentioned having in mind before if you got your hands on Tony.

    I hope the rest of your weekend has gone better than Friday.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete