I am quite depressed. It's been two weeks today since Mema died. In a perfect world, she would have recovered, and I'd be in Alabama for our family reunion. I miss her very much.
I talked to my Grandaddy this morning. I almost cried when I told him that I was sorry I wasn't there. He told me in no uncertain terms that my place right now is at home with my family and my kids. My heart swelled up when I heard that. He knows that I want to be with him, but he understands why I'm not. What more could a grandaughter ask for?
Today, on a day when I needed it, I received a sympathy card in the mail. It almost set me off in tears again. Not because of the reminder, but because the person who sent it to me is someone I don't even know very well. I've only 'met' Anne (her screen name, not real name) on a message board I belong to. I've only chatted with her a few times. I know she cares and all, and I was there for her when she needed me, and for her daughter, whom I've also chatted with. The reason I almost cried was because all that aside, we're virtual strangers. Yet she cared enough to send me a card. Here's something I've known for a while: Trixie people are some of the best people.
On the other hand, another online friend lost a grandmother yesterday. Very bad circumstances there. No warning, just happened. So, to you, I love you, and you're getting many hugs sent your way.
At least I was able to say what I needed to say. I may be depressed about Mema's death, but I'm very lucky I was able to say 'I love you' and 'goodbye'. So to this friend I say, I love you, and take care of yourslef.
Saturday, July 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment