Okay. I haven't typed a word all weekend. The strange thing about that is that I actually have something to say. So this might be long...
Saturday, I needed time for me. Time to get away from house and kids. (I'm sure any stay-at-home mom will understand.) So, when the kids woke up, I got up and fed them. Then, I looked around at my house. In the state it was in, I couldn't walk across the room without tripping. So, I cleaned my living room and did the dishes. Well, I put dishes in the dishwasher. I still had two sinksful of pots and pans. But at least I did something. I've been so tired that I haven't even noticed how bad it was getting here. Of course, by the time I finished with the dishwasher, A.J. had crawled into and out of his room. He was pushing a bin of toys, which he and Arielle promptly dumped out. There went my clean living room. By the time Alan got home, I was ready to scream. Luckily, Alan saw that it was cheaper to let me go out for a day than to pay for a room at the institution. So, I got out. I swear, I breathed a sigh of relief as I was backing down the driveway and nobody was running out to stop me.
I had planned to go to Mt. Dora, but Alan said I could buy some shorts or whatever, so I went to Sanford. I went to Old Navy, Marshall's, and Target. Then I went across Sanford to Bealls and Bealls Outlet. Out of those five stores, I bought a plain white tank top. Well, my old one was dingy. And I got it for $3.99. Woo-hoo! Then I went to Wal-mart. I found two pairs of shorts I liked. I bought them. They're size 11, but that's okay because I found them in the Jumiors department. Who would ever have thought that I could shop in juniors ever again? I did the grocery shopping. I bought cleaning supplies too. Yay, me! I also fed my addiction for terriyaki flavored beef jerky. Then, I went home. I was tired by then, so it's okay.
Sunday, I decided to clean my house. Well, the kitchen got finished, as well as the laundry. I put Alan in charge of cleaning the living room. I figured it was fair since I scrubbed every ceramic tile by hand. And we have a LOT of tile. It goes from the front door into the kitchen, and the kitchen tile is nothing but tile. Needless to say, my back, knees, and butt were all sore. Guess what? The living room didn't get finished. Surprised? Not me...
The fun part of yesterday (if you can call it that) was that I watched 'The Notebook'. It was a pretty good movie, even if it was a chick flick. I cried at the end. The worst part. I hate crying at movies.
Today, I've been trying to play catch-up at the boards and with my email. And, of course, catching up with my blogging. Maybe I should blame Andrea for this? I've gotten addicted to my outlet...
Monday, May 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was planning to comment, and I was planning to start my comment with "Mwah ha ha" and have something about joining our ranks.
ReplyDeleteThen I saw that MS had started HER comment with Mwahahaha and I got really scared. Are we all starting to think alike?
Glad you had a day out. I've been so bumfoozled with work that my housework has been let slide too, but I only myself and the cats to blame, so at least it only gets worse if I make it worse. I can't imagine finally cleaning something just to have kids demolish it right away. Sigh.
{{{hugs}}}}
Okay, you two. You're both evil, and you've made me evil too. I wish Alan would help more, but I'm not holding my breath, nor am I complaining overly much. After all, he makes the money, and he DOES understand that it's hard to be a SAHM. April, give your cats time. They'll figure out how to make a mess for you. I could let A.J. and Arielle teach them...
ReplyDelete