Monday, May 09, 2005

More Mema Update

Well, the doctor think they have the infection licked. They're still concerned about her kidneys, lungs, and heart. She's still delerious more than not when awake. She is going to be on an EKG for 24 hours. At the end of that time, they will make a decision about whether to put her in ICU. The doctor has been very frank with grandaddy. In his words, it could go either way at this point. He actually talked with grandaddy about 'options' like rescucitation. (I don't know if that's spelled right.) I think I may be making a trip earlier than planned. The only promising thing I've heard is that my grandaddy has his hopes back up. THAT is comforting, but not as comforting as I would like. We've all known that it could go either way from the beginning (that's just like with any cancer), but none of us have dared to put it in those words.

I can say one thing, though. If it all ends well, I will be the happiest grandaughter on the planet. If it doesn't, I don't know what I'll do.

I'll end this now since it's getting morbid, but (note to Andrea:) I'm very glad I have this journal. And I'm very happy to have so much support from people I've never met.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:00 AM

    You've met us, just not face to face yet. :) Maybe it will be good if they put Mema in ICU. More nurses for less patients. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete